Minea is clear about the criterion that it is simply better to prevent than to cure. We believe that INNOVATION is the key to SUSTAINABILITY.
Chemistry is a relatively recent science that began in Europe 200 years ago and has since been a source of wellbeing and comfort for the human being. Detergents have brought about a revolutionary change in human health. Habitual use of soaps has favoured the disappearance of skin diseases and contagiousness —above all in children— and this has meant that Europe has gone from 100 million inhabitants to 300 million, thus increasing average life expectancy by 30 to 50 years.
For decades, these processes were used without taking the environment into account, and they were often highly pollutant.
Based on the knowledge that there will only be a damaging effect if the amount and concentration of the chemical substances reach a certain level, Minea works:
- On designing cleaning products and detergents that perform their function optimally and with minimum toxicity for human and environmental health, minimising the environmental impact of detergents.
- Carrying out an exhaustive selection of the raw materials to make up our products.
- Replacing certain ingredients for more appropriate substitutes, examining them based on their specific properties and the use intended for the product. Using renewable raw materials wherever possible.
- Products that are degraded until the substances are innocuous and/or do not remain in the environment.
- Products for which energy requirements mean minimum environmental and economic impact.